couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Larry <la...@lroot.com>
Subject Best practice for view updates across large data sets
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 00:25:52 GMT
As I had expected Im starting to experience lengthy re-indexing times when
changing/updating our views. We have just over 300K worth of documents
currently and it will be growing. One of our views takes about 20 minutes or
so to index when installed. This locks up key aspects of our application and
we would like to find a way to keep the application continuously functional.
I know that our views scripts can certainly be optimized and thats something
were working on as our knowledge and experience with CouchDB grows. However
given where we are now I was wondering if there is a "best practice" or any
tips that users may have on updating views across large data sets.

Thanks for the help!

larry