couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Metin Akat <akat.me...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Importing from CSV or MySQL DUMP
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 15:09:31 GMT
Hi,
Writing such an import script is really simple. I doubt it that there
can be "something ready", because it would have to be very flexible in
order to do some real work.

See the example I am attaching to this mail.
I use such scripts constantly.
Pay a special attention at the "bulk insert" part, otherwise you will
have serious performance issues.
The csv module I am importing here is not a part of the standard
library so you will have to install python-csv (or whatever is it
called in your distro).
Also read that module's documentation in order to choose the right csv
dialect for your needs.

By no means this is the "perfect" way of importing csv documents, but
it does the job for me, I hope you'll find it useful too.