couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: My first time i wrote to a mailing list.
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 19:25:57 GMT

On 22 Oct 2009, at 20:17, Sven Helmberger wrote:

> What about the equivalent to people who just know enough of
> programming and logic to be able to write SQL queries?
>
> Shouldn't those people have the chance to at least try their luck
> with couchdb map and reduce functions?
>
> If that is the case, a separate forum might be worthwhile.

I think forum vs. email is largely orthogonal to the level of
experience you have. Inexperienced users can still use mail. My sister
has been using mail since she was 8! Heh. But there are two ways we
could improve the current state of affairs. We could create a new
mailing list for absolute beginners - and in fact, we are already
considering doing something like that but for Ubuntu users. As a
seperate and unrelated effort, we could create a discussion board,
like the highly sucessful Ubuntu boards, for use by CouchDB users of
any level.