couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Glenn Rempe <gl...@rempe.us>
Subject Re: Timeout Error when trying to access views + Indexing problems
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 19:13:31 GMT
On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
> > So there is no way to turn on an additional level of debugging in the view
> > generation process with the current code?  I noticed that there is a 'tmi'
> > logging level in the erlang couchdb code (which I just turned on).  Will
> > this help?
>
> A TMI log level is news to me. I've never seen a log macro that uses it.

LEVEL_TMI is defined in couch_log.erl (I assume it stands for 'Too
Much Information' :-)

But it looks like its not really used in the code...

glenn@macbook-pro ~/src/git/couchdb[master*]$ git grep LOG_DEBUG | wc -l
      56
glenn@macbook-pro ~/src/git/couchdb[master*]$ git grep LOG_TMI | wc -l
       0
glenn@macbook-pro ~/src/git/couchdb[master*]$ git grep LOG_INFO | wc -l
      41
glenn@macbook-pro ~/src/git/couchdb[master*]$ git grep LOG_ERROR | wc -l
      30

Actually, if I am reading this correctly there are only 127 logging
statements in the entirety of the couchdb erlang code.  That doesn't
sound like much...  (coming from a guy starved for logging info :-)

Glenn