couchdb-user mailing list archives

From go canal <goca...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: how to work on multiple databases
Date Sat, 03 Oct 2009 05:34:44 GMT
Yes. For me it's a feature, rather than a bug, that couchdb databases are
completely isolated from each other. Maybe you should consider lumping
everything into one database.

>> I can understand that couchdb DBs are completely isolated, I also agree that logically
it is ok. But since there is no other layer we can use within a DB for modeling, I think operations
on multiple databases are desired.

It does seem that putting something I need into one DB is the only way. Maybe it is acceptable
since couchdb works incrementally, so performance won't be a problem even there is a large
number of records because of combining multiple DBs into one ....
 rgds,
canal