couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mark Vigeant <mark.vige...@riskmetrics.com>
Subject Programming to upload into couchdb
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 15:40:22 GMT
Hey-

I'd like to write a program to upload data into several documents in a database, but first
I want to ask a few questions to see how I should go about it:

1.       I started toying around with jcouchdb, a java API that I found. Is there a "better"
language to work with? Do you think writing in JavaScript might be more efficient? Or are
there other libraries and APIs worth looking into that more people are using/updating?

2.       Has anyone else written any mass-upload programs? I was thinking about writing a
map-reduce job on top of Hadoop because I've been playing around with hadoop for a while.
Does anyone have any other suggestions? Or better yet, example code?

Thanks a lot for your time!

Mark Vigeant
RiskMetrics Group, Inc.