couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Miles Fidelman <mfidel...@meetinghouse.net>
Subject massive replication?
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 19:22:55 GMT
A couple of the recent CouchDB powerpoint presentations illustrate
replication across massive numbers of database instances.  Does that
represent anything remotely possible, for real?

We have an application that involves replicating data across very large
numbers of nodes that are intermittently connected - where we'd like
collections of data to replicate and synchronize as connectivity
allows.  Think something like USENET news as an analogy.

I'm trying to sort out whether or not CouchDB is a potential platform.

Thanks very much,

Miles Fidelman