couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Wenk <a.w...@netzmeister-st-pauli.de>
Subject Re: Starting CouchDB on Ubuntu (trunk rev 821585)
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 00:15:08 GMT
Andreas Wenk wrote:
> Unfortunately the results are the same. So what I will do is to
> uninstall erlang and couchdb and install it again. How knows, maybe
> there is something what went wrong. If the problems are the same, I will
> downgrade erlang to the version before. I hope that at least this will
> make it work.
>
> I will keep you informed.
>
> Good night and thanks for everything
>
> Andy

I have installed Erlang R13B01 and couchdb trunk. Directly after
installing both I entered

$ couchdb

The result is the attached crashreport.

I think the reason are the missing rights ... so I don't worry too much
about that ...

Ok - doing it with sudo:

$ sudo couchdb
Apache CouchDB 0.11.0b821618 (LogLevel=info) is starting.
Apache CouchDB has started. Time to relax.
[info] [<0.32.0>] Apache CouchDB has started on http://127.0.0.1:5984/
[info] [<0.95.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - 'GET' / 200

(other shell)
$ curl http://127.0.0.1:5984
{"couchdb":"Welcome","version":"0.11.0b821618"}

So with this Erlang version trunk seems to run.

Then I chmod and chown the directorys and did it with the couchdb user:

$ sudo -i -u couchdb couchdb -b
Apache CouchDB has started, time to relax.
duke@duke:~$ curl http://127.0.0.1:5984
{"couchdb":"Welcome","version":"0.11.0b821618"}

So the conclusion 'could' be that trunk did not run with the newest
Erlang version. If it helps, I could uninstall both Erlang and CouchDB
again, install the latest Erlang version again, install CouchDB again to
see if the error is still there. Then it would be save to say that
CouchDB trunk is not running with the latest Erlang version - in my
environment.

Cheers

Andy