couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Welch, Matt" <Matt.We...@compuware.com>
Subject Can you connect one view to another?
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 12:43:25 GMT
I'm pretty new to CouchDB so please pardon me if this is a silly
question, but can you connect the results of one view to another?

Imagine I have a bunch of children documents and each child has a
favorite color. I also have a bunch of toy documents and each toy has a
color. I want to build a list of what toys each child will like based on
its color.

I can make a view to emit(color, name) for each toy and something
similar for each child. But then do I have to connect the two in my
code? If your dataset gets large that seems like a lot of work gets
pushed out to the client end. Is there any way to construct a view that
links these together?