couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject first bits of feedback on 0.10
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2009 23:58:45 GMT
Hey guys,

Thought you'd might like to hear something back...thanks for the new
release...we're in an early playing around phase...

* in basic preliminary tests 0.10 looks quite ok for us; looks like
all our code-on-top-of-couch still works; looks like no noticeable
performance difference
* most pressing feature in 0.10 for us are some of the bugfixes on
replication stuff; will be re-evaluating push replication, more
details about any/all changes/suggestions welcome (currently we're
using pull replication because its been recommended as more robust for
0.9...)
* the rumored (configurable?) changes to fsync behavior are not
documented well (yet?)
* hmm, in genera please do expand on release notes so we don't have to
comb through svn commits (though we're doing that anyway...)
* a mac os x 10.5 build would really help make func tests easier
pretty please :-)  (@see http://janl.github.com/couchdbx/?dbx=010 )

cheers,

Leo