couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: My first time i wrote to a mailing list.
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 12:59:20 GMT

On 22 Oct 2009, at 11:54, Oliver Oli wrote:

> the mailing list is fine for me. there is a good archive too. please,
> not another communication channel.

Ubuntu uses discussion boards and mailing lists to great success, and
I know some people (usually people who are not as technically
experienced) prefer discussion boards, and that seems okay to me. If
this was going to happen, my instinct tells me it should either be an
Ubuntu board (Ubuntu people care to chime in?) or something hosted on
Apache infrastructure (ASF people care to chime in?) - of course you
are free to do what you want (community software FTW) but if you want
this to reach as many people as possible, you should try to do it
through the proper channels. I don't care if the discussion board is
done in CouchDB or not. I don't think it matters.