couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Starting CouchDB on Ubuntu (trunk rev 821585)
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 12:38:28 GMT
On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 09:04:14AM +0200, Andreas Wenk wrote:
> Hm, I am not sure which Erlang Version is shipped with a newly installed
> Lenny (maybe two months old ...). And I am quite sure that this was the
> first CouchDB installaton on this machine. But does this matter anyway?
> I thought if compiling first Erlang newly and then CouchDB it should be
> linked to this Erlang version ... ?

I had a similar problem, where if there were old versions of couchdb lying
around it would end up trying to start components from a wrong (old)
version, and would freeze before it bound to port 5984.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/200909.mbox/<20090908133639.GA20090@uk.tiscali.com>
(+ subsequent thread)