couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: how to work on multiple databases
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 07:29:41 GMT
On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 07:51:00PM -0700, go canal wrote:
> Are there APIs available for working on multiple databases ?

I contributed a change to CouchRest which lets you do

    Foo.on(database).whatever

which directs your request to a database dynamically.

I haven't tested this in a while - I found CouchRest too complex internally
so I ended up knocking together my own API (couchtiny). I published it on
github.com/candlerb, although it's subject to change at my own whim :-)

> let's say a user wants to display a list of his documents in all projects,
> how do we support this ? Do I have to issue one query command for each
> database then aggregate the result ?

Yes. For me it's a feature, rather than a bug, that couchdb databases are
completely isolated from each other. Maybe you should consider lumping
everything into one database.

Regards,

Brian.