couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Timeout Error when trying to access views + Indexing problems
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 13:29:48 GMT

On Oct 6, 2009, at 1:46 AM, Glenn Rempe wrote:

> - there is some kind of corruption in the main DB file and when this
> point
> is reached (or a specific record in the DB?) that it crashes? If so
> how can
> I best identify this?

Inserting mal-encoded documents into CouchDB could interfere with
document retrieval and indexing, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-345
.  Possibly one of those got into your database and now it is stopping
the rebuilding of views.  A patch recently got added to prevent mal-
encoded documents from being accepted, but it does not fix the problem
on an existing database that has been corrupted.   I do not know if
the symptoms are the same as what you are observing, but I think it
would be a likely culprit.