couchdb-user mailing list archives

From David Asfaha <davidasf...@gmail.com>
Subject STDOUT and STDERR file creation when running couchdb -b - permission problems
Date Sun, 04 Oct 2009 12:46:30 GMT
Hi,

I'm running couchdb on Ubuntu. The first time I tried to run "couchdb -b" to
put the process in the background I got this error message:"Apache CouchDB
needs write permission on the STDOUT file: couchdb.stdout"

It seems that when couchdb is run with -b it tests for write permissions on
couchdb.stdout and couchdb.stderr in the directory where couchdb is started.
I don't see why couchdb should be able to write to my home directory so I
changed the location of these two file to be the log folder. IMO this a more
sensible default. I was about to submit a ticket about this, but before
doing that I just wanted to check here why these files are created in the
directory from which couchdb is run. Am I missing something obvious?

By the way, I'm new to couchdb and I love it. Keep up the good work :-)

Thanks,
David