couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Simon Eisenmann <si...@struktur.de>
Subject Re: Replication hangs
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 14:00:28 GMT
Paul,

Am Montag, den 19.10.2009, 09:53 -0400 schrieb Paul Davis:
> Hmmm, that sounds most odd. Are there any consistencies on when it
> hangs? Specifically, does it look like its a poison doc that causes
> things to go wonky or some such? Do nodes fail in a specific order?

The only specificness i see is that somehow the slowest node never seems
to fail. The other two nodes have roughly the same performance.

> Also, you might try setting up the continuous replication instead of
> the update notifications as that might be a bit more ironed out.

I already have considered that, though as long there is no way to figure
out if a continous replication is still up and running i cannot use it,
cause i have to restart it when a node fails and comes up again later.

> Another thing to check is if its just the task status that's wonky vs
> actual replication. You can check the _local doc that's created by
> replication to see if its update seq is changing while task statuses
> aren't.

If only the status would hang, i should be able to start up the
replication again correct? Though this hangs as well.

--
Simon Eisenmann

[ mailto:simon@struktur.de ]

[ struktur AG | Kronenstra├če 22a | D-70173 Stuttgart ]
[ T. +49.711.896656.68 | F.+49.711.89665610 ]
[ http://www.struktur.de | mailto:info@struktur.de ]