couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Sebastian Negomireanu" <sebastian.negomire...@justdesign.ro>
Subject RE: COUCHDB-161 Range Request support for attachments
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 14:44:20 GMT
Actually I was going to ask if there are plans for such a feature, too  :)

A useful related feature would be a possiblity to upload a range of an
attachment. I don't know if it's possible or feasible to do it, but a
scenario in which such a feature would be useful is when uploading very
large files in chunks.

Best regards,
Sebastian Negomireanu | CTO / Managing Partner JustDesign Sibiu, Romania
+40-726-181186 | +40-788-757462
sebastian.negomireanu@justdesign.ro

SC JustDesign SRL | Str. Dorului 20, 550352, Sibiu, Romania
+40-269-210008 | office@justdesign.ro | www.justdesign.ro

-----Original Message-----
From: jens.riemschneider@icw.de [mailto:jens.riemschneider@icw.de]
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 4:10 PM
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: COUCHDB-161 Range Request support for attachments

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the quick reply. I googled for the release notes and ended up
at:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310780&sty
leName=Html&version=12313694
Guess that is just an automatic page generated from the Jira. Anyway, are
there any plans to include this in the near future? I'm asking because we
can work around this, but it would simplify our implementation if this
feature is available.

Thanks,
Jens

Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org>
27.10.2009 14:52
Please respond to
user@couchdb.apache.org

user@couchdb.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: COUCHDB-161 Range Request support for attachments

Hi,

Range requests for attachments are not in 0.10. The release
notes don't include that information. I think the confusion stems
from that in JIRA, the issue is tagged 0.10. Note though that
the issue is still open.

Cheers
Jan