couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Justin Walgran <jwalg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB build with Snow Leopard fails to start up - no suitable image found
Date Sat, 05 Sep 2009 00:22:35 GMT
With some direction from Jan (thank you!) I did find that an old MacPorts
install of Erlang was preventing the newly built version of Erlang from
running. I cleared out MacPorts, rebuilt Erlang then rebuilt CouchDB from a
fresh checkout of the trunk. utils/run is still crashing out, but now there
is a new message. Any troubleshooting tips would be appreciated.
$ ./utils/run
Apache CouchDB 0.11.0a811576 (LogLevel=info) is starting.

=CRASH REPORT==== 4-Sep-2009::20:17:46 ===
  crasher:
    initial call: couch_event_sup:init/1
    pid: <0.79.0>
    registered_name: []
    exception exit: {{badmatch,
                         {'EXIT',
                             {{badmatch,{error,enoent}},
                              [{couch_log,init,1},
                               {gen_event,server_add_handler,4},
                               {gen_event,handle_msg,5},
                               {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}}},
                     [{couch_event_sup,init,1},
                      {gen_server,init_it,6},
                      {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}
      in function  gen_server:init_it/6
    ancestors: [couch_primary_services,couch_server_sup,<0.32.0>]
    messages: []
    links: [<0.78.0>,<0.4.0>]
    dictionary: []
    trap_exit: false
    status: running
    heap_size: 377
    stack_size: 24
    reductions: 120
  neighbours:

=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 4-Sep-2009::20:17:46 ===
     Supervisor: {local,couch_primary_services}
     Context:    start_error
     Reason:     {{badmatch,{'EXIT',{{badmatch,{error,enoent}},
                                     [{couch_log,init,1},
                                      {gen_event,server_add_handler,4},
                                      {gen_event,handle_msg,5},
                                      {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}}},
                  [{couch_event_sup,init,1},
                   {gen_server,init_it,6},
                   {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}
     Offender:   [{pid,undefined},
                  {name,couch_log},
                  {mfa,{couch_log,start_link,[]}},
                  {restart_type,permanent},
                  {shutdown,brutal_kill},
                  {child_type,worker}]

=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 4-Sep-2009::20:17:46 ===
     Supervisor: {local,couch_server_sup}
     Context:    start_error
     Reason:     shutdown
     Offender:   [{pid,undefined},
                  {name,couch_primary_services},
                  {mfa,{couch_server_sup,start_primary_services,[]}},
                  {restart_type,permanent},
                  {shutdown,infinity},
                  {child_type,supervisor}]

=CRASH REPORT==== 4-Sep-2009::20:17:46 ===
  crasher:
    initial call: application_master:init/4
    pid: <0.31.0>
    registered_name: []
    exception exit: {bad_return,
                        {{couch_app,start,
                             [normal,
                              ["/usr/local/etc/couchdb/default.ini",
                               "/usr/local/etc/couchdb/local.ini"]]},
                         {'EXIT',
                             {{badmatch,{error,shutdown}},
                              [{couch_server_sup,start_server,1},
                               {application_master,start_it_old,4}]}}}}
      in function  application_master:init/4
    ancestors: [<0.30.0>]
    messages: [{'EXIT',<0.32.0>,normal}]
    links: [<0.30.0>,<0.5.0>]
    dictionary: []
    trap_exit: true
    status: running
    heap_size: 987
    stack_size: 24
    reductions: 162
  neighbours:

=INFO REPORT==== 4-Sep-2009::20:17:46 ===
    application: couch
    exited: {bad_return,{{couch_app,start,
                                    [normal,
                                     ["/usr/local/etc/couchdb/default.ini",
                                      "/usr/local/etc/couchdb/local.ini"]]},
                         {'EXIT',{{badmatch,{error,shutdown}},
                                  [{couch_server_sup,start_server,1},
                                   {application_master,start_it_old,4}]}}}}
    type: temporary

-Justin