couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Zachary Zolton <zachary.zol...@gmail.com>
Subject Varnish and Multi-doc Fetch?
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 17:28:26 GMT
Hi,

I'm testing out using Varnish for my application, and so far most
everything "just works" with CouchDB. The only real problem I have is
that I'm using (probably abusing!) the multi-doc fetch feature, which
results in a POST request that Varnish isn't gonna cache.

(As an aside, I'm likely not properly de-normalizing my data—since I'm
using the multi-doc fetch much like one would use SQL joins. I do plan
some big refactoring...!)

Two potential solutions I thought of:

1) Cache POST requests in my Varnish config—this sounds like a can of
worms though, since POSTs can also be used for creating documents (not
to mention all the VCL-fu required)

2) Add a GET multi-doc fetch feature to CouchDB—however, I'm guessing
there's a good reason why we don't already have this, right?  (^_-)

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone else has dealt with this situation
or has any ideas.

Cheers,

Zach