couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Boermans <boerm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jQuery dependency (Re: Futon Improvements)
Date Sun, 13 Sep 2009 11:16:25 GMT
2009/9/13 cinnebar <ccinnebar@gmail.com>:

> There is a request for the development of Futon.  Futon uses the built-in
> jQuery libraries which means that it is jQuery dependent.

I am jQuery dependent too. Without it attempting to write code for
cross browser compatible javascript would drive me insane. Or more
likely I would choose to do something else instead.

If you are not familiar with jQuery already, check it out. Although if
you really want to appreciate it, I suggest you attempt to do* without
it for a while first.

[For another perspective you could replace the word jQuery in the two
paragraphs above with the name of another JavaScript library.]

 *Client side browser interactivity.