couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Quint <aa...@quirkey.com>
Subject Authentication Questions
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 17:09:12 GMT
I've been working on a fun couchapp type full javascript app built on
CouchDB that I hope to unveil at jQuery Conf this weekend.
The biggest piece left is getting some kind of
authentication/authorization in place so that I can actually put it on
a server for other people to use/play with. I've been using/testing
with 0.10 locally and since the wiki doesnt have much up to date info,
I've found the best resource to be the JS tests.

So questions:
- If I'm not logged in as a specific user /_session returns
{"ok":true,"name":null,"roles":["_admin"]}
Which means that as a guest I have admin privileges. If I set
require_valid_user = true, though I have to be logged in to view any
document. Is there any way to change the roles of the default user?
Ideally if I wasnt logged in as a specific user I could only have read
access so I could still view documents and see a page where I could
log in.
- If I'm logged in as read only I still have access to the users
database - is there anyway to prevent this?

I totally understand that the auth stuff is early days but any help
would be appreciated. I would love to be able to run this app and
couchdb on :80.
Thanks!
--AQ

Aaron Quint