couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Michael McCaffrey" <mmccaff...@ittvis.com>
Subject Lucene partial text search
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 17:29:30 GMT
Looking at the couch docs for lucene, they all reference FullText
searching.

I've done the simple example from the wiki and  can get the search to
work if I put all the text in the field in the q="..." search.

Is it possible to do partial text searches? Like all the records that
contain "abc" in the field? Like a q="*abc*" wildcard query?

I see where the lucene documentation shows lots of capabilities, but
wonder if these are available/accessible in couch.

Thanks

Mike