couchdb-user mailing list archives

From go canal <goca...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: how to work on multiple databases
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 09:46:06 GMT
thanks for a quick response.

I agree that the use case is application specific; however, I tend to think that the data
model is actually generic.

I do not know the design intent of a 'database' in CouchDB. For performance reason, and/or
other something else. But I thought that since we have an API for getting all DBs, we might
have something else for developers to manage a groups DBs.

 rgds,
canal

________________________________
From: Nadav Samet <thesamet@gmail.com>
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 11:03:58 AM
Subject: Re: how to work on multiple databases

The HTTP API works against one database at a time (at one http server). All
libraries I have seen will let you talk to multiple databases, but don't
have any functionality to send a single query to several databases and
aggregate the results. (This kind of functionality is too
application-specific to be in a general purpose library.)

--
Sincerely yours,
Nadav