couchdb-user mailing list archives

From go canal <goca...@yahoo.com>
Subject replication over internet
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2009 10:42:59 GMT
hello,
Looking at the replication wiki, I assume that the current implementation is for supporting
high availability - so machines are likely in the same local network.

What if I want to replicate to the remote sites ?

At least two requirements I can think of:
 * (must) first, we need to support HTTPS not only HTTP, unless the data is already encrypted.
 * (want) secondly, schedule the replication - I do not know how internally replication is
done, with every change, or already use some buffer for batch process. but better if we can
configure when to replicate, how often, etc. for example, hourly, etc. My customer asked me
to avoid as much network activities as possible during certain period of time during the day.
of cause, they maybe able to look into their infrastructure and applications .... but nice
if we can configure something.
 rgds,
canal