couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Debasish Ghosh <ghosh.debas...@gmail.com>
Subject Query server perfromance issues ..
Date Sat, 19 Sep 2009 12:13:45 GMT
Hi -
As I have mentioned previously I have been working on a Scala driver for
CouchDB, which also includes a Query Server. I was working with an April
snapshot of 2009/04/23. This worked fine for all the views and validations
that I have written.Things were running fine and I could write map/reduce
and validation functions in Scala.
Recently I tried to upgrade to trunk. Suddenly the views and validations
became very very slow. After some fact finding, I tried to poke into *
couch_query_servers.erl*, since that seemed to be the obvious area to look
into. I may be worng though, but it was a blind guess.
I noticed that previously I was working with *revision 749852* of the file,
which delivered the goods for me. Then when I faced problems with the trunk,
I started doing a git reset to earlier versions of this file. Now I find
that it looks like the performance problem starts from *revision 780165* of
this file. Have a look at
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/couchdb/trunk/src/couchdb/couch_query_servers.erl?r1=780165&r2=749852&diff_format=hfor
the difference. Looks like there have been some major changes. I am
just
wondering if this change has anything to do with the performance issue.

Any help, pointer will be appreciated.

Thanks.
- Debasish