couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Debasish Ghosh <ghosh.debas...@gmail.com>
Subject Problems with Query Server
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 10:37:49 GMT
Hi -

I have implemented a View Server for Scala, which was working fine (with a
snapshot of April 2009) till I tried a recent snapshot from the trunk (and
Erlang R13B). It's a snapshot of today (Sep 14, 2009). I have the following
observations :-

1. The Views (map/reduce functions written in Scala) run absolutely ok even
now. Only noticeable change is that it has become very slow compared to the
earlier version. Noet that I am not running with lots of data either.

2. None of the validations work now. It runs absolutely ok with the earlier
version of CouchDB, which was being used with Erlang R12. Now I am getting a
500 for most of the validations that have some logic with the following
exception :
{"error":"normal","reason":"{gen_server,call,\n
[couch_query_servers,\n
{ret_proc,{proc,<0.562.0>,<<\"scala\">>,\n
{couch_os_process,prompt},\n
{couch_os_process,set_timeout},\n
{couch_os_process,stop}}}]}"}

3. I am running Ubuntu .. sometimes, inconsistently I get a "connection
refused" error as well. But it is not consistent and may not come the next
time I run the same stuff.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
- Debasish