couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jesse Hallett <halle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with complex key range query and map/reduce
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 20:04:13 GMT
Yes, you got it.

On Sep 29, 2009 1:01 PM, "Glenn Rempe" <glenn@rempe.us> wrote:

Thanks Jesse for helping me walk through this.  I think I am (slowly)
wrapping my head around it. :-)  I think your example of having two
different views to cover this is helpful.  Let me replay, and tell me if I
may finally have it.

(Just a note to clarify my use case, the date ranges can be an arbitrary
number of days e.g. Today - 60 days, and not strictly tied to one month at a
time on the natural monthly boundaries).

   # Break up the views by *either* ALL engines, or a *SPECIFIC* engines.
 A different view for each. The view executed is based on whether the engine
is all or specific.

   # View 1 : When you want to query a single category (1), ALL engines,
and a date range of 8/1 - 9/30:
   #   [1,2009,8,1] to [1,2009,9,30]

   # View 2 : When you want to query a single category (1), a SPECIFIC
Engine, and a date range of 8/1 - 9/30:
   #   [1,"g", 2009,9,1] to [1,"g",2009,9,30]

Correct?

Thanks again.  Hopefully I've got it now.

Glenn