couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jesse Hallett <halle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couchdb: suitable for this type of applications ?
Date Sat, 26 Sep 2009 01:39:29 GMT
I am not sure how this applies to attachments; but with basic docs whenever
you update CouchDB does store a new version.  When you compact the database
it removes all but the most recent version of each document.  So compact the
database once in a while and your disk usage should be reasonable.

You can update whatever document properties you like and attachments will
attach to the new version of the document.  The attachment is not copied - I
believe attachments are stored separately and each document version gets a
reference to the attachment file.

I don't know enough off-hand to address the frequent small updates question.