couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jesse Hallett <halle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: View to find someone in a list in a document
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 15:29:02 GMT
According to Crockford `for in` gives no guarantee that it will iterate over
array elements in order.  That is in addition to the problem that it will
also enumerate any attributes on `Array.prototype`.  So Crockford recommends
using `for` with an incrementing index variable instead.

In my opinion Array#forEach is a better option.  But it is a
Spidermonkey-specific feature, added as part of JavaScript 1.6.  It will
work fine in CouchDB views, but it will not be available in a lot of web
browsers.