couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Rue the Ghetto <ru_ghe...@rubyghetto.com>
Subject Re: Version 0.8 won't die
Date Sat, 05 Sep 2009 02:52:19 GMT
On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 04, 2009 at 07:12:24PM -0700, Rue the Ghetto wrote:
> > I made the dread mistake of using apt-get to install couchdb.
>
> What? Debian's CouchDB is great!*

Didn't mean to offend. I just want version 0.9.

> > I created a database while in 0.8, but everything choked when I tried to
> > replicate from my local 0.9 version.
>
> You should have read this:
>
>  https://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/erlang-pkg/couchdb/trunk/debian/README.Debian

I don't really care about the data in the 0.8 database. I would be happy to
loose it (if I only could). So, this README just doesn't help much. Sorry.

> > Debian Lenny instance. I have uninstalled 0.8 with apt-get remove with
> and
> > without the --purge option. I have done manual searches eliminating any
> > trace of couchdb from the server. I have tried installing fresh from
> source
> > stable and trunk. Each iteration of removals and installation has
> involved
> > its own unique hurdles. But without fail, as soon as I get couchdb
> > installed, I do a curl test:  curl "http://127.0.0.1:5984"  and get
> > back {"couchdb":"Welcome","version":"0.8.0-incubating"}.
>
> No idea.

Is there a full list of files and binaries installed by couchdb? I am just
trying to get to version 0.9 anyway possible. Something is hanging around
making my life very miserable.