couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Göran Krampe <go...@krampe.se>
Subject Re: Varnish and Multi-doc Fetch?
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:27:41 GMT
Hi!

Zachary Zolton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm testing out using Varnish for my application, and so far most
> everything "just works" with CouchDB. The only real problem I have is
> that I'm using (probably abusing!) the multi-doc fetch feature, which
> results in a POST request that Varnish isn't gonna cache.

I would be most interested in hearing if/how you got conditional GETs
working - as far as I could tell Varnish didn't support it (when I looked):

http://projects.linpro.no/pipermail/varnish-misc/2007-July/000751.html

...so my perception was that Varnish (while cool and all) didn't really
buy us that much in Couch land, because we really want it to do
conditional GETs. Or am I wrong?

regards, Göran