couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nils Breunese <n.breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject Re: Futon Improvements
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 08:12:54 GMT
cinnebar wrote:

  > We would like to see CouchDB independant of jquery (or even python re
> CouchApp for that matter) for standalone couchapps 'out of the box'.
>
> Given the very excellent http request api that is a fundamental aspect of
> CouchDB we consider that the current jquery dependancy is a major deterrent
> regarding general uptake of CouchDB.

I don't believe CouchDB depends on jQuery. It's there if you want to use
it, but it's not required for anything AFAIK. CouchApp is a third party
tool written in Python, so yeah, you need Python if you want to use
CouchApp. You don't need to use CouchApp though, you can push design
documents any way you like.

Nils Breunese.