couchdb-user mailing list archives

From eric casteleijn <eric.castele...@canonical.com>
Subject Re: The Strange Case of the Overarching Admin Accounts
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 21:15:52 GMT
Paul Davis wrote:
> Eric,
>
> It sounds like CouchDB is still reading the old configuration chain
> even when you try and discard it. I don't have the time right now to
> check, but to diagnose what's going on, you could put in an io:format
> in couch_app:get_ini_files/1 to print what's being read. Assuming that
> it is bundling in the local.ini for some reason it'd just be a matter
> of going back into the couchdb script to see what's being sent in. Or
> alternatively, just put an echo in the CouchDB script to see what's
> being sent.

I've added as line 220 in /usr/bin/couchdb:

     echo "startarguments: $start_arguments"

Now, when I do:

/usr/bin/couchdb -n -a /etc/couchdb/default.ini -a
/tmp/tmp871WkT/xdg_config/desktop-couch/desktop-couchdb.ini -p
/tmp/tmp871WkT/xdg_cache/desktop-couch/desktop-couchdb.pid -o
/tmp/tmp871WkT/xdg_cache/desktop-couch/desktop-couchdb.stdout -e
/tmp/tmp871WkT/xdg_cache/desktop-couch/desktop-couchdb.stderr -b

I get:

Apache CouchDB has started, time to relax.
eric@thelog:~$ startarguments:  \"/etc/couchdb/default.ini\",
\"/etc/couchdb/local.ini\",  \""/etc/couchdb/default.ini"\",
\""/tmp/tmp871WkT/xdg_config/desktop-couch/desktop-couchdb.ini"\"

Which seems decidedly the wrong thing. Now the strange thing is that
Adam can't reproduce it on the 0.10 branch. I'm on a specially packaged
snapshot version of the same branch, so it may be possible that the
issue was fixed, intentionally or no, between the snapshot and now. I
shall try with a branch checkout, although it's hard to say how
realistic running with utils/run will be.

--
- eric casteleijn
https://launchpad.net/~thisfred