couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: forking threads (Was: Re: Futon Improvements, Should be: jQuery dependency)
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 18:58:16 GMT
On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 04:09:29AM +1000, cinnebar wrote:
> Stifling user discussion in open source communities is really really bad
> practice Ive never been assaulted by thugs online before

I don't need schooling on community and you're not being silenced.

I'm asking you to stop because this thread is boring. I've already told you that
I didn't like your tone, and you've told me that you don't like my tone, and
nothing seems to have changed. But that's cool. We don't need to keep reminding
each other how we feel. I don't think we need to talk about it any more.

> So to get things straight: the community structure is something like do it
> our way or we will bully you then tell you to be quiet?

Pretty much.

Let me rephrase that as, you'll behave according to our community mores, and
when you don't you will be reminded that you should, and if you continue, you'll
be forcibly removed from the community. Pretty simple, and reasonable.

Best,