couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Futon Improvements
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 17:25:12 GMT

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 02:48:14AM +1000, cinnebar wrote:
> please do it yourself.

I am unable to reformulate something that you have said.

My interpretations of your communication were done in good faith, and while I do
not think that you were being intentionally antagonistic, I do feel that some of
the comments you made were a little presumptuous. Taking jabs at the mailing
list, which is an embodiment of the community, is a good example of this.

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 02:44:28AM +1000, cinnebar wrote:
> your out of line fella.  I think you better read the discussion through
> carefully from the top instead of blindly taking swings.

Maybe I would be if I was some random dude who's having a go at you because I
was bored. But I'm not.. As one of the community gate-keepers, it is my duty to
reinforce the behaviour and tone that we find acceptable here.

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 09:47:06AM -0700, Matt King wrote:
> Please take this discussion off-list, as I'm sure not everyone wants a
> flood of flamemails clogging up their inbox.

I do not want this to spiral into some huge meta-thread about who did what, and
who's upset who. I think we would all find that very boring. But proper list
conduct is a public concern, and I think that is helpful to keep these things in
the open so we can all learn from them.

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 03:01:27AM +1000, cinnebar wrote:
> look i just wasnt being aggressive about anything

I don't think you were being intentionally aggressive. But this email itself is
an example of how you might be sending out the wrong signals. While you are free
to choose whatever style you wish for your communication, sending poorly worded
emails without proper capitalisation and sweeping personal comments will make a
lot of people think that you have not properly thought about your response. And
when you combine that with negative comments about the community and the code,
it is easy to see why people might get upset.

I would like this thread to die now.

Thanks,