couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Futon Improvements
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 16:36:39 GMT
On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 02:27:02AM +1000, cinnebar wrote:
> nah + jan:

My name is Noah.

> o you guys are jumping in because you are defensive about your book

This has nothing to do with our book.

I am defensive of a project and community that I have had the privilege to be a
part of for many years now. And when someone wades in and is being aggressive
about things not being good enough for them, and the quality and type of the
discussion not being pleasing for them, I will quickly remind them how they fit
into the ecosystem. If the documentation isn't up to your standards, improve it.
If you're sick of all the people asking simple questions, help them with their
problems until they become experts.

Thanks,