couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MIME dump/load and implications
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 22:37:47 GMT
On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 2:41 PM, Adam Kocoloski<kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Nitin, sure.  I think Paul just meant that if we wrote it for
> replication, anyone could use the same facility to build something like what
> you're talking about.  After all, the replicator just speaks to CouchDB
> servers using the same HTTP requests as everyone else.
>
> I'm sure jchris knows better whether mimeparse would be suitable for this.

mimeparse.js is just a library for handing Accept headers. It's got
nothing to do with the multipart format.

on the rest of your topic, does storing emails as attachments do the trick?

also, I'm of the opinion that the rest of the world should learn to
speak JSON. :)

more pragmatically, if you wanted to act as a smtp server, you'd
probably be able to wrap one around couch pretty easily. I've seen it
done in erlang (sorry, closed-source) but I'm guessing that
integrating Lamson wouldn't be hard.

http://lamsonproject.org/

Chris

--