couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Referential Integrity with Unique IDs
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 14:39:46 GMT
The only way to make absolutely certaint that something is unique is
to include it in the document id in some fashion.

I generally solve this with sha1's for docids and then reference those
ids from the doc. Depending on the size of your unique value, it may
be beneficial to include a copy inline.

HTH,
Paul Davis