couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: spidermonkey load function
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 21:08:05 GMT
> Load will be available in main.js, it will not be available in the
> views - the sandbox takes care of that.

Its actually quite easy to break out of the view sandbox.

> Jan, unless I am mistaken CouchApp does not change main.js?

Jan was referring to CouchApp's !code macro that allows you to include
JS code in multiple functions in your application.

The non-obvious issue of providing functions to view functions is the
need to know when to invalidate a view and rebuild it. Most people
have taken the approach that we should just keep things to the single
map function and tell people to use tools to build those functions if
they need extra functionality. I'm a bit on the fence, but I haven't
been able to come up with anything that is compelling enough to
warrant the change.

HTH,
Paul Davis