couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: spidermonkey load function
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 20:07:36 GMT
Norman,

For now your best bet would probably be to use a preprocessor. I
contemplated once adding a thing to read multiple files from the
command line instead of just one, but the method used for compiling
scripts didn't make that immediately easy so I dropped it when I was
investigating.

Adding a load() function doesn't sound like the best method to
accomplish this as it'd be another function that could be exploitable
by sandboxed client code. I know most of the non-js view servers don't
do much if anything to protect against users doing Bad Stuff but
having the default engine prevent as much as possible just seems like
a good idea.

HTH,
Paul Davis