couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I can’t relax. I broke my couch upgrading dependencies. What might this error mean?
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 20:04:01 GMT
On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Brian Candler<B.Candler@pobox.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 11:16:04PM +0930, Oliver Boermans wrote:
>> 2009/8/10 Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com>:
>> > This is quite odd that some commands think this directory exists and
>> > others don't. Can you try removing and creating that directory?
>>
>> I trashed it (careful to move my database files first of course) and
>> recreated it
>>
>> $ cd /usr/local/var/lib
>> $ sudo mkdir couchdb
>> $ sudo chown -R couchdb:couchdb /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb
>>
>> Then same as before:
>>
>> $ login couchdb
>> Password:
>> No home directory  /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb!
>                    ^
> There couldn't possibly be an extra space in there by any chance??
>
> I'm not a Mac user, but I notice your dscl output split this particular
> attribute onto a line of its own:
>
> NFSHomeDirectory:
>  /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb

Where did NFS come from? Did I miss that /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb is
on an NFS partition? Then again, could that affect anything? We don't
do any locking, but you can run into weird permission type errors or
other nasty bits. If it is on an NFS partition could you try switching
to non-NFS just to see if that's an effect?

Unless of course NFSHomeDirectory has nothing to do with networked
file system, in which case feel free to ignore me.

Paul Davis