couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <>
Subject Re: sort by reduce value
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 18:42:07 GMT

No, not at the moment. I and others have looked at implementing the
necessary bits but there are some complex gotchyas when implementing
some of the key bits. Specifically the step of persisting group=true
output to a second btree is fairly tangly while trying to maintain the
current API.

Paul Davis

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Anand Chitipothu<> wrote:
> I'm trying to think of couchdb equivalent of the following SQL query.
> SELECT author, count(*)  as count FROM changes GROUP BY author ORDER BY count
> To sort by count, I need to emit the count in the map function, but it
> is only available when it is queried. I know that this can achieved by
> cascading two couchdb databases. Is it possible to do this by using a
> single couchdb database?
> Anand

View raw message