couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I can’t relax. I broke my couch upgrading dependencies. What might this error mean?
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:53:13 GMT
> Perhaps I need to try trashing something higher up the structure… make
> install creates these directories as needed right? Everything inside
> /usr/local/ appears to be couchdb related. Should I try trashing the
> lot for a clean slate?

You could try that. Another thing to try might be setting the couchdb
user's home to something like / and then cd'ing to the
/usr/local/var/lib/couchdb.

A random crazy idea, you don't happen to have a terminal open
somewhere that's sitting in a deleted /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb
directory that was deleted? I don't *think* this could even cause this
behavior, but I've moved to guessing as this is a weird error.

Paul Davis