couchdb-user mailing list archives

From David Nolen <dnolen.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Help with CouchDB query
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 15:05:40 GMT
So far I've really been loving CouchDB but I'm stumped on the best way to
implement a particular query for our application. It's not clear to me
whether what I'm trying to do can be done with views or is best handled by
couchdb-lucene.
Basically in our software users create documents which they can share with
people. The user can choose to see documents in any combination of the
following:

1. By url
2. By domain
3. By people the user is friends with
4. By groups the user belongs to

This seems like four different views and 3 and 4 requires multiple keys to
get the data. The problem here is that I'd like to be able to limit the
results and specify a start index for paging. This doesn't seem possible to
me but I'm probably missing something obvious :)

Any help or insight much appreciated.

Thanks,
David