couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Boermans <boerm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I can’t relax. I broke my couch upgrading dependencies. What might this error mean?
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:46:04 GMT
2009/8/10 Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com>:
> This is quite odd that some commands think this directory exists and
> others don't. Can you try removing and creating that directory?

I trashed it (careful to move my database files first of course) and
recreated it

$ cd /usr/local/var/lib
$ sudo mkdir couchdb
$ sudo chown -R couchdb:couchdb /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb

Then same as before:

$ login couchdb
Password:
No home directory  /usr/local/var/lib/couchdb!

Perhaps I need to try trashing something higher up the structure… make
install creates these directories as needed right? Everything inside
/usr/local/ appears to be couchdb related. Should I try trashing the
lot for a clean slate?

Thanks
Ollie