couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Tom Sante <tom.sa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to code an advanced search
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2009 18:36:48 GMT
Just to not confuse things, "external processes" isn't the same as a
"view server", all couchdb does with a external process is forward the
query parameters to and the output from the proces. In that a way it
doesn't really matter much if you put the service in front or behind
couchdb
Only reason I would put it behind is to avoid having to write the http
request handling code to communicate with the client, because couch
handles that for you and all I have to do is read from STDIN.