couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mirsal Ennaime <mirsal.enna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to have access to futon when the couchdb is on a server ?
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 18:33:24 GMT
I'd advise to use a SSH tunnel

On Aug 13, 2009 4:20 PM, "[mRg]" <emargee@googlemail.com> wrote:

If iptables is running you may have to add a rule to it to allow the port
 (it was preconfigured on a CentOS server I purchased and caused me a world
of pain trying to work our why I couldnt access it :D )
e.g. *iptables -I INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 5984 -j ACCEPT
*(although
this does give unlimited access so you may want to refine this rule for your
needs)

Regards

Stephen
*

* 2009/8/13 Robert Newson <robert.newson@gmail.com>

> You can also change bind_address in the configuration to 0.0.0.0 (to >
listen on all interfaces) o...