couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Niket Patel <nex...@me.com>
Subject Re: Errors in couchdb, happens everyday at specific time.
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 23:25:57 GMT

On Aug 27, 2009, at 4:40 AM, Paul Davis wrote:

> Very interesting. Since it runs fine the rest of the time I'll have to
> assume that you've got something running that is either changing file
> permissions or locking files (eaccess points at either the files
> changing permissions, or a directory in their path). I notice the
> timestamps are from 11PM, is it  possible you've got a backup script
> running that does something funky to the FS while it copies?

I use EBS on EC2, and as of now I'm taking snapshots manually. I'm
looking into crontab

* This started after upgrade to 0.9.1
* Happens at very specific time 4.00PM PST
* This errors are logged when I start couchdb again, not when it died
(its silent when died with log level info)
* After start, it runs fine for next 24 hours

data is safe ? ( This is my biggest concern now )