couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nitin Borwankar <ni...@borwankar.com>
Subject integrating couchdb-lucene and regular _shows and _lists
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 10:37:16 GMT
Hello all,

I am working on a BibJSON browsing couchapp, for which couchdb-lucene search
is critical as is the ability to do counts and grouping (which lucene
doesn't do - yes solr does, I know).
It would be ideal if couchdb-lucene results could be integrated with the
_list/_show functionality of couch, but in the absence of that I found a
poor-mans' integration that I thought I'd pass on.

It's pretty simple and obvious when you think about it - essentially
couchdb-lucene returns the id of a doc and score at the minimum.
This id can then be passed to an _show function or to an _list function with
key=<id> param
Actually couchdb-lucene can return multiple fields depending on what you
choose to store, so other fields can be used as params to _list via key=
also I suppose.

This way you can get the full power of text search and use map-reduce views
for aggregation, without having to figure out how to integrate solr with
couch which would have a lot of overlap.

Passing on in case anyone is trying to integrate the two in one app.

Nitin

37% of all statistics are made up on the spot
Nitin Borwankar
nborwankar@gmail.com