couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nitin Borwankar <ni...@borwankar.com>
Subject callback=? parameter expected by jQuery $.ajax() causes couch to complain about bad URL
Date Sun, 02 Aug 2009 01:57:32 GMT
Hello all,

I  have been banging my head against this wall for 2 days and I finally made
a crack ---

Trying to use jQuery, $.ajax()  in an app that calls couchdb api - not using
( cannot use ) couchapp must call from legacy app.
Couldn't get a successful response.

finally just put the get query into firefx and go the following which
explains why it's not working - but not a clue how to work around this.

get query:
http://localhost:5984/ptest2/_design/vt2/_view/tag?group=true&limit=5&callback=
?
couch responds: {"error":"query_parse_error","reason":"Bad URL query
key:callback"}

I don't have the option to use either couch.js or jquery.couch.js but have
to use vanilla jQuery ajax calls $.get, $.ajax, $.post, $,getJSON etc.

Am I stuck without any help possible ?

Nitin

37% of all statistics are made up on the spot
Nitin Borwankar
nborwankar@gmail.com